It’s nearly midsummer, and that means it’s time for the Wife Carrying Contest!!
The Scandinavian Midsummer Festival is cancelled, but we couldn’t let the summer pass us by without this crazy annual tradition!
COVID-19 and social-distancing guidelines means we’ll have to make a few modifications to the rules and contest format, but we won’t take out the fun!
Here’s the gist – submit a video of you and a friend wife carrying, and we’ll judge & award some prizes
• Video submissions to be 20 sec or less
• Photos are also encouraged (but the main prizes will be for videos)
• Follow the current social distancing recommendations. Please don’t go outside your current social bubble to find a partner. There is no weight or age minimums for either contestant because we won’t be doing a weigh-in, or handing out the traditional “wife’s weight in beer” prize – so you can carry anyone available.
• Prizes will include (but are not limited to) 2 Vancouver Aquarium & Whitecaps Facemasks, and 2 @conquercovid19 T-shirts.
• Entry suggestions – carry your partner as far or fast as you can, around/over a homemade obstacle course, wearing costumes, or maybe a dance routine?
Entry Deadline: June 20, 2020
Contact: Submit your photos or videos on the event fb page, via message or by email to email@example.com – or tag us in your video post on your social media account. Use #WCC2020