SOFT RE-OPENING OF THE SCANDINAVIAN COMMUNITY CENTRE
The Scandinavian Community Centre will commence operation with a soft re-opening of the Centre starting on July 6, 2020. The soft re-opening will be limited to booking and hosting small scale events, activities and rentals.
The SCCS Covid-19 Committee has carefully planned, prepared and implemented required health safety measures as per orders from the BC Government, the Provincial Health Officer and WorkSafeBC.
Although we are excited to be able to offer our members and customers re-access to our facilities, it is important to remember that we are not going back to “business-as-usual.”
We understand and appreciate that these changes to our operations may be difficult to adapt and adhere to for our returning members, guests and facility renters.
If we make the effort together and remind each other of what is required of us to be kind, be calm and be safe, we will once again come together and enjoy the company of others and the hospitality of our Scandinavian Community Centre.
Some of the Important Changes
- At this time, no walk-in visits are allowed. The Scandinavian Community Centre will accept visitors entering the building by pre-booked appointment only.
- Only events, meetings and activities that comply to Scandinavian Community Centre’s Covid-19 rules are permitted take place inside the Centre or on the Centre’s property.
- The event organizer is required to read and sign-off on keeping the event compliant to the Centre’s Covid-19 rules, including but not limited to keeping an attendee contact list on record for 30 days after the event and informing all attendees about the Covid-19 rules.
- The Scandinavian Community Centre has the right to refuse to book or host an event if there is reasonable doubt that set Covid-19 safety rules will be violated.
All of Scandinavian Community Centre’s Covid-19 rules have been collated into a Covid-19 Framework, consisting of the following three documents:
- SCCS—COVID-19 – Workplace Safety Plan v1.0
- SCCS COVID-19 Personal Conduct and Responsiblities v1.1 July 16
- SCCS– COVID-19 Re-Start Operations Plan v1.0
Scandinavian Community Centre Society
Post expires at 1:18pm on Thursday January 7th, 2021