Read the Selection Criteria below, then see Finland House Scholarship Application
To qualify the applicant must meet the following criteria:
- The student must be of Finnish descent.
- The student must be a resident of British Columbia who has been accepted for admission in an accredited post-secondary educational institution providing a degree, a diploma, or a certification for its program of studies, in BC or elsewhere.
- The student must provide proof of registration and transcript of latest marks and studies.
- The student must be of good character and must provide 2 recent written references from a high school, college, or university administrator and another one including an employer, if applicable.
- The student may apply and be awarded a FHS scholarship every 2 years (not consecutively) up to a maximum of three.
Checklist for completion of the application:
- Completed application form Finland House Scholarship Application
- Cover letter: reasons for requesting the scholarship and describing the applicant’s personal interests, hobbies, volunteer work, career goals and aspirations
- Proof of registration at the educational institution
- The transcripts of the latest marks and studies
The completed application must be received by mail no later than 4 p.m. June 30th. The applications must be sent to:
Finland House Society
6540 Thomas st.
Contact and information: email@example.com
President Paul Juoksu 604 862 0765